Anti Inflammatory ingredients in your bag of Now Fresh
May 15, 2018
Inflammation is a big cause of some life threatening diseases, not just in humans but dogs too. It plays a role in diseases like cancer, diabetes and obesity and is known as a silent killer.
In chronic inflammation, your dog’s immune system starts acting against itself and the white blood cells start to attack healthy tissue. This is the leading cause of cancer in dogs.
Thankfully, you could prevent the damage of inflammation by including certain anti-inflammatory ingredients in your dog’s diet. At Now Fresh, our recipes use a vast variety of premium quality ingredients that are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. Made with fresh, handpicked produce, Now Fresh recipes have a host of nutritionally rich foods that you will not find in any other brand of dog food.
Your Now Fresh bag has the following anti-inflammatory ingredients:
- Blackberries: Out of most fruits available to us, blackberries have shown to have the highest amount of anti-inflammatory enzymes in them. They form an important part of Now Fresh recipes.
- Blueberries: Blueberries have phytonutrients called resveratrol and pterostilbene that are known to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties alongside antidiabetic, cardioprotective, neuroprotective, and chemopreventive (anti-cancer) properties.
- Salmon: Fishes like salmon are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids that are anti-inflammatory and a rich source of protein. Salmon is one of the primary meat sources in Now Fresh food.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has an active compound called curcumin that is known as the highest source of anti-inflammatory nutrients. This spice is also known to offer protection against certain cancers and treat arthritis. Turmeric is one of the ingredients in Now Fresh recipes.
- Spinach: Spinach is considered as one of the best foods out there because of its rich nutritional advantages. It has certain anti-inflammatory properties that help to cure conditions like Arthritis.
- Broccoli : Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables known to mankind. Rich in Vitamin C and highly anti-inflammatory because of the presence of sulfur compounds, broccoli is a superfood that deserves its important position in Now Fresh recipes.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin is packed with Vitamin A and the beta carotene present in pumpkin helps in regeneration of cells. The antioxidants help in preventing free radical damage. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory properties and occupies a proud spot in our recipes.
- Alfalfa: This humble herb is rich in protein as well as vitamins A, C and K. It is a nutritious whole food, packed with antioxidants and minerals including magnesium, calcium and iron. It is high in anti-inflammatory benefits too.
- Papaya: Papaya contains several unique protein-digesting enzymes including papain and chymopapain. These enzymes have been shown to help lower inflammation and to improve healing from burns. In addition, the antioxidant nutrients found in papaya, including vitamin C and beta-carotene, are also very good for your dog.
When you buy a bag of Now Fresh, you can be sure that it is packed with all the good stuff that helps your dog keep deadly diseases at bay. We have gone the distance to make sure that our recipes include the most nutritious and premium quality ingredients that are sourced fresh. Because we take the responsibility of keeping your pet healthy very seriously!